Preparing the Hair
- Shampoo the client’s hair twice with a Clarifying shampoo.
- Do not use conditioner on the scalp area. Focus on the ends of the hair.
- Dry the hair thoroughly.
- Wash the silicone pads, clips, and combs with clarifying shampoo.
- Wash your hands, and do not use hand creams or lotions.
- I like to use the Sassoon method of sectioning a bob
- All of the diagrams are here to help you get started.
- The most important thing to remember is to take clean sections, and if there are a lot of stray hairs, use a light-hold hairspray to hold them down.
After Shampooing, shape your client’s hair using a Razor or Slide Cutting with scissors.
DO NOT BLUNT CUT. It is easier to blend the extensions with your client’s hair using a Razor.
To begin placement, you will first determine what you are trying to achieve.
- You can create highlights,
- Repair an incorrect haircut or hair color
- Add volume or length using one or both extension row patterns
- (solid or scattered). The most important thing to remember is that you take clean sections.
- Do not apply bonds closer than 1” from the hairline.
- When in doubt, section the hair the same way you would if you were cutting it
- Scattered rows integrate the client’s natural hair into the extension hair, adding highlights and volume.
- Solid rows are spaced evenly and more closely together than scattered rows, creating length and bulk in the hair.
An important thing to remember is that you have a pattern to the placement and balance to the head. Do not apply bonds closer than 1″ from the hairline.
- One scattered row below the crown working around the head
- One solid or scattered row in the temple area working around the head
- Three solid rows starting below the Occipital Bone
- One scattered row around the head just below the temple area
- One solid or scattered row above the ear around the head shape
Highlights / Volume
- The first row is scattered around the head above the ear
- The second row is scattered around the head inch above the previous row
- The third row is scattered around the head at the Temple area